REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST
I FIX PROBLEMS. If you’ve tried other RMT’s with limited success, now is the time to try something different. For many years I have been successfully treating Hip Pain – Knee Pain – Low Back Pain – Headaches and other muscle and joint injuries. See below for details.
I graduated from the Canadian College of Massage & Hydrotherapy (CCMH), Sutton Campus. As a Deep Tissue Bodywork Specialist I focus on treating acute and chronic, structural and functional soft tissue disorders using Swedish Massage, Trigger Point Therapy, Musculoskeletal Alignment Techniques, Pin and Stretch Techniques and Fascia Release.
My goal is to find long lasting solutions for my clients. “I feel that listening to my clients and adapting my treatment approach to their current needs is crucial. My treatments are interactive by engaging my clients in their healing process. I’ve built a following with people looking for a deep tissue therapist that
gets to the root of the problem. I’m not known for providing relaxing massage treatments.”
Treatments are an educational experience where clients learn exercises and home care to prolong the effects of the treatment.
“The best outcomes occur when my clients actively engage in their treatment process thereby receiving the whole health benefits of therapeutic massage. I look forward to becoming one of your health maintenance specialists.”
I am a recent graduate of the Medical Neuro-acupuncture Diploma Program offered by the International Medical Arts Institute.
For a first visit you will require the completion of the health history forms.
When you arrive for your appointment you may be greeted by a cat or two. If you are allergic to cats I will keep them away and immediately take you into the treatment room which is a cat free zone. We will review your health history together and any current aches or pains you may be experiencing.
Depending on your discussed needs the table will be set up for treatment. Each visit may be different so don’t be surprised if my table is not “dressed”.
Treatment resumes after I re-enter the treatment room when you are ready. Treatments may require assessment or multiple positioning so bring a pair of shorts, sports bra or leggings with you just in case.
Post treatment exercise and hydrotherapy instructions may follow your treatment.
Receipts are provided within 24 hours of your treatment and emailed to you.
Follow up email or text may also occur to touch base to see how you responded to the treatment or to follow up on any questions you may have regarding home care.
- General restorative massage using less Deep Tissue work and more relaxation and joint mobilization techniques
- Deep Tissue massage which works directly on solving problems. This technique can result in acute flareups and post treatment discomfort for 2-3 days following a treatment until muscle and joint mobility are restored.
- Alternative techniques like acupuncture, cupping, musculoskeletal alignment, fascia stretching and massage gun techniques are often used as an adjunct to enhance the effects of treatments by increasing mobility.
- Cupping may result in areas of congestion lasting for several days and in some cases clients find cupping to be uncomfortable while others find it relaxing.
- Acupuncture is used for treating overall stress and tension or more specifically to treat conditions like tennis elbow, shoulder pain, plantar fascitis, low back and hip pain, carpal tunnel syndrome and headaches.
- Exercise therapy is often included at the end of a treatment to enhance the treatment effects and provide muscle relief and increase muscle flexibility between sessions.
- Shoulder Pain: Frozen Shoulder, Poor Posture, Tendonitis, Post Surgery
- Work at home posture issues
- Headaches; Tension, Migraine, TMJ, Temporal, Suboccipital
- Plantar Fascitis
- Low Back Pain
- Elbow Pain; Tennis Elbow and Golfers Elbow
- Wrist pain; Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Pain; Iliotibial Band Dysfunction, Ligament Strains, Bursitis, Tendonitis
- Hip Pain; Sciatica, Painful or Limited Range of Motion,
- Ankle and Wrist Sprains and Strains
- General tension relief
- Post surgery, post injury swelling technique